Wednesday 27 April 2011
KOLDING
Last day of school
Amazing how time flies! I still remember the first day...that emotion and nervous feeling in your stomach that makes you think if you'd rather puke or scream. The fear that I felt, the happiness I was going through, the new fresh air and new people.
At the beginning everything was hard...starting with the language, the new danish-attitude, the school system, the idea of speaking another language you're not entirely related to, the feeling of missing home, the thought of being there for a long time.
I remember I came to school, everybody knew each other, everybody was talking about summer, I felt totally alone for the first time in my life...then I met Daniel, Camila, Wendy and Sebastian, since then..we have been together every break and we try to hang out whenever we have the chance.
I remember when I walked in to my new class 1K, weird experience when I had to repeat all the names and stuff that they said before..since that day I still can't remember what they were talking about the entire time. I remember how I ate my lunch...alone in the classroom because I was sad that no one spoke to me..
I remember that I slept in every class not because I wanted..it was because my body needed it. The way everybody laughed at me because I couldn't say any word in danish, the way I felt rejected when they stopped speaking english to me, the way it hurted when I realized how much I missed my country, the way it hurted when I realized that I had to learn danish in order to be part of some group.
The thousands "Paulina" I got because I couldn't understand what they were doing, the thousands "close your computer" because I had to "put attention" in some random language that it sounded like a random stuff in my head.
No one believed I was able, that I could do it, that I could speak another language, that I could mingle with people from another culture.
When we switched classes, I had the opportunity of going into another class "1D" and this is where everything changed, not only because it was a fresh new start..it was the perfect chance to make them used to only speak danish to me and me as well responding only in that language. I love my first class 1K they will always be part of my experience, and they lived with me the first months..when everything was hard and beautiful at the same time, they helped me and guided me into this world that they know best than anybody else. All of them have a very special meaning to me, and they will always do.
1K mange tak for alt, det var en fantastisk år sammen med jer. JEG VIL KOMME AT SAVNER JER!
On the other side... 1D experienced with me, when my danish life began...My danish was way better, I understood better, I could handle a conversation, I could even make jokes, sing, everything! They experienced a better self-confident me, and Im proud.. because I think they know HOW HARD is to make this journey by your own, and coming from a country where people, culture, and traditions are the totally opposite. Thanks to them my danish was improved in a certain way that impressed everybody..even my host families, because I learned the language because of being at school.
Thanks to them now I can really say that I mixed myself into another type of people and I love it, I will always remember the funny days, and how they made fun of me and my danish, I will always remember that they accepted me into their culture in a way that seriously...CHANGED MY LIFE.
Now that is time to go back, I bring thousands of memories with me. All of you will always be part of this year and experience, all of you changed my life, all of you will always stay in my head.
Thank you for showing me this amazing country, and for making me feel proud with myself when you tell me that im good with the danish...that Im strong and independent, that im special and crazy, that I do have a very crazy attitude, but a very good one.
Thanks to all of you
Jeg vil huske alle sammen for evigt
Bedste år af mit liv
Takket Kolding Gymnasium
Tak 1K
Tak 1D
You will always have a house in Mexico.
Paulina ;)
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario
Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.